Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Why a Small Group Picnic?

     
Coming Saturday August 23rd!!
Small Group

Gathering 
and
 Summer Games

$2,000 in prizes
 for your small group’s favorite causes.


   I wanted to do something church wide to help us remember we are a vibrant,  lively body of believers.  Back in the day (20 years ago) I was so proud to call Grace “my church”.  It was part of my identity.  We have grown so much since then that the community and bond feels stretched.  I felt very strongly (prompted?) about bringing us all together for some fun and fellowship.

   I know picnic games can be lame but they are a great way to increase contact (literally!) and teamwork.  I thought if we could run some first class games (digital scales for measuring, uniformed referees with whistles, video photo finishes, announcer, white lined playing field, massive scoreboard) and offer big prizes for a good cause, we might create some great memories.


   If you long for that sense of belonging and are proud to be a Grace church member come on out August 23rd (rain date 24th).  See the “Details” blog for well…details.

No comments:

Post a Comment